SSC CGL 2010 TIER II MATHS PAPER
SSC CGL 2010 TIER II ENGLISH PAPER
SSC Tier II Statistics Paper for SSC Statistical InvestigatorsSince statistics paper are not found anywhere you need to buy the book for it...The book is very cheap and you can order online here as it's a bit difficult to find it in the Market too...
Book for SSC Statistics PaperI
SSC CGL TIER II EXAM PATTERN
1. Kiran's books.
a. Combined Graduate Level Tier 2: English language and Comprehension
Price: rupee 298
b. Combined Graduate Level Tier 2: Arithmetical ability
Price: rupee 298
c. SSC CGL Question Bank
2. Upkar Publication:
a. SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam. Tier II Solved Papers
Price: rupee 90
b. .S.S.C. Combined Graduate Level Exam. (For Tier I & II).
NEGATIVE MARKS PATTERN
In Tier II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper II and III and 0.50 marks in Paper I for each wrong answer.
English paper contained....
30 questions on passages (6 passages each having 5 marks)
20 questions on cloze test (2 passages of 10 marks and one of 5 marks)
25 questions on jumbled sentences (easy when compared to bank PO)
20 questions on active voice to passive voice
25 questions on direct and indirect speech
20 questions on improvement of sentences
20 questions on finding the errors
10 questions on one word substitution
5 questions on fill in the blanks
5 correct spellings
10 idioms and phrases.....
Tips for CGL TIER II English paper
1.first do narration and voice as both them carry a good weightage of 45 marks together..if you are strong in it then easily u can do 40- 42..start doing from options, it will help u so that much time is not wasted on every question..sometimes options are very close or sometimes very far away..so while voice and narration keep a watch on options also..
2. After that u go for idioms and phrases and one word substitution..it carry 20 marks..i hope u people will score around 16-19..
3. After tht go for synonyms, antonyms ..in this if you know then attempt otherwise leave it..and after that prepositions..and spelling test..in case spelling u write your own spelling..don't look options , they confuses u much..so its better write the spelling yourself then go for options.
4. Now do sentence correction , most of it are tense related, if u good at tenses I hope u will do it...
5. After that comes sentence arrangement..first have a look at options then start working on it..some of them are story related so very easy..so attempt them,,don't leave them..
6. After that close test and passages are attempted alternatively..so that your mind don't get frustrated ..the important thing during close test and passage is that you chose those which are short..in case of passage you first read question then passage..and in case of close test u go for that close test first whose language and matter is familiar to you or you are at comfortable with that matter..first read close test thoroughly even with blanks then start filling..7. last comes..detecting error...
Hope it must be you full to all aspirants........
Following is the break up of last year Quant paper :
1.Averages - 2 Questions
2.Time & Distance - 4
3.Time & Work - 4
4.S.I & C.I - 6
5.Ratio & proprtn - 8
6.Data Interpretn - 10
7.Geometry - 10
8.Percentages - 10
9.Profit & Loss - 16
10.Numbers - 30
(calcn,sq roots,surds,remainder,sequence etc)